1997 Maxima Ash Tray removal... I'm stuck

After removing the left screw securing the ashtray assembly, how do I get it out?

There must be a way, but I sure can't figure it out!

Thanks!

Jeff

Reply to
GigaNews

Just pull straight out - there are come clips holding it in:

Reply to
Monte

There's no way it's coming out that way without breaking the frame that the ash tray sits in.

There is either something wrong with the way this one is mounted or there is a trick to getting it out.

Help!

Reply to
GigaNews

It has snap in clips at the top right and bottom right corners holding it in. They are identical to the clips at the back of the cover surrounding the shifter that you already took off. You will have to either pull straight out or get something in there to pop the top right corner out. The clip may or may not be present in the bottom right, but the top clip is always there.

Just make sure you are pulling or prying straight out (no twisting, turning, etc) and you won't break it.

Reply to
E. Meyer

Pull harder! It will break loose.

Reply to
David Rennick

THANK YOU!!!

You were absolutely right, your method worked perfectly.

THANK YOU!!!

Reply to
GigaNews

I am wondering... why do you want to remove the ashtray?

Wolfgang

Reply to
Wolfgang

My son wanted to trade the factory stereo for another one. The ashtray has to come out to get the stereo out.

This group saved us!!!

Reply to
GigaNews