95 Nissan Altima wants to stall when a/c is on & rough idle & engine light

I have a 95 Altima, it was hesitating on take off and sometimes while driving. Putting on the a/c caused car to almost stall even while driving. I had a friend whose a mechanic do a tune up last week. Car was running awesome, no more hesitation, ran fine with a/c on, engine light went off. After about 3 days, idle started "jumping?" when stopped, and engine light came back on. Also, can't use the a/c again, car just wants to stall out. My friend said there was oil on one of the spark plugs when he changed them. What does this mean, and could this be the cause of these problems? I live in Vegas, and I NEED my a/c. Im dying in the car and so is my 2 yr old! My friend had changed the spark plugs, distributor cap, oil change, and filters. Any ideas please?!?!

Reply to
divinesofine699

My guess is he means there is oil on the -outside- of the spark plugs, which means the valve cover gasket is leaking and filling up the wells the plugs are in. Could easily be the problem you're haveing. Also he may have used something other than NGK plugs which is another no-no. Again just a guess but if this -oil on the outside of the plugs- is what he found, replace the valve cover gasket and plug seals in the coven as well. Also it would be a good idea to replace the plug wires at the same time just to be sure they aren't causing a problem from being submerged in oil.

Reply to
Steve T

Odd. Have someone with an OBD reader check what codes are being stored. Could be anything in the emissions control system. If you had oil on a plug, you may have some internal problems. Does the engine burn oil or smoke?

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

He didn't replace the valve cover gasket, so maybe I'll have him do that, along with the other things you recommended Steve. Thanks! meat plow- theres no smoking and not burning engine oil.

Reply to
divinesofine699

Oh, also, I noticed there are very small oil spots on the ground where I park my car. And the oil was only on one of the spark plugs, not all...could it still be that valve cover gasket Steve? Thanks!

Reply to
divinesofine699

You're talking about oil on the -outside- part of the plug correct? If so, yes that's the valve cover gasket/plug well seals.

Reply to
Steve T