'98 Quest emissions problems---KS, EGR, TPS

My '98 Nissan Quest was up for inspection, and a borrowed scan tool showed 0325 (Knock Sensor) and 0400 (EGR Flow Error). After the usual drill where the local shop tried to convince me to pay $1000 to have the knock sensor replaced, I did some more digging and figured out that I needed to check the BPT vacuum line. It was, in fact, so degraded that part of it disintegrated in my fingers on contact. I replaced that and cleared the codes from the computer. I can't find out if that fixed the EGR problem, because....

--Issue 1: The Emissions Monitors will not reset. The state inspection shop can't finish the emissions inspection until they do, and my 15 days is up. We have driven it under all conceivable conditions for over 200 miles, and three monitors are still INC. This includes several dozen cycles of up to 45 mph, turn it off, repeat. The Nissan dealer service dept. said they typically had to drive them

3-4 days to reset them. It's been over two weeks. Anybody got any ideas?

---Issue 2: I looked through the "Review Data" feature on the scan tool. It appears to be reading the van's condition in real time pretty well. Pressing the accelerator ( in Park, in the driveway), causes the RPM reading to increase, but the "ABS TPS" reading remains at 0% when I move the pedal. Should I expect a change in the TPS reading under these conditions?

Reply to
JJR2