Does the WJ I6 have a EGR Valve and a knock sensor?

I am not able to find information on these two. Where exactly are they mounted? If not present, what alternatives are used? Jeep WJ 2004, I6,

4L, 4WD. Thank you.
Reply to
stilllearning

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Some 4.0 engines like mine have an EGR and knock sensor Bill...

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail > The Exhaust Gases Recycling valve is used with carburetors, your
Reply to
Mike Romain

It has neither. Alternatives would be MAP, temp & engine speed sensors.

Reply to
bllsht

Totally wrong. you should stick to what you're good at. Recruiting trolls.

Reply to
bllsht

I thought your Jeeps were a CJ and XJ, not an WJ. God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Then coward, too afraid to take responsibility for your answers by using a real name and address, like any man would! Where are EGR Valve and a knock sensor, the Poster asked for?????? God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

The XJ has a 4.0 FI engine, just like the WJ, just an older version.

Mike

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I didn't say his model was equipped with EGR or knock sensors.

You said:

You implied that EGR isn't used with EFI. Wrong.

You implied that knock sensors are not used with distributorless systems. Wrong again.

Then, I'm sure you're used to being wrong, as well as senile.

Reply to
bllsht

Guys,

Can we stop flame wars? If you disagree with someone's post, please respond more politely. Else you will drive off others in the group. All comments in newsgroups should be understood as opinions, or "facts" for the person posting, rather than irrefutable facts. Else, I will not respond to any post ;-)

There is a knock sensor in the V8 version of the jeep, but not in the I6 version? What compensates for the knock sensor in the I6? Or can I expect the jeep to knock?

Isn't the EGR there to reduce NOx, a serious pollutant? If EGR is not there in the I6, how is this poluutant controlled?

Reply to
stilllearning

Speaking for the 93 4.0 I6, you can expect it to knock, but only if something is wrong. Usually the knocking is because of a fram oil filter. (not kidding). In my case knocking happens if I use too low an octane rating or too high a boost pressure.

No EGR on the I6. I'm guessing the timing/fuel is adjusted to reduce NOx. A lot of that old hocus pocus pollution stuff only served to increase problems. I suppose that since engines stay tuned longer EGR isn't that critical.

Reply to
DougW

My Chiltons book (provide your own "grain of salt") says the 4.0L engine has one...it shows it just under the throttle body. (Note that I have NOT gone outside to look at my specific vehicle)

It looks like two disk shaped devices attached to each other, one with a small hose attached and the other with a larger tube going to the block (or...?).

noneofyourbusiness

So does the trouble shooting part of the service book, but it's wrong as well. I've had the head/intake/exhaust off and an EGR would have been noticeable.

An EGR valve is just a vacuum valve between the intake and exhaust rails. Last time I saw one was on an 82 C-10 chevy.

Reply to
DougW

Actually, Chevy still used them on the 1992-1996 LT1 engines. The LS1 did/does not have an EGR system.

Chris

Then it should be easy for you to tell me the years the Electronic Fuel Injection was used with Exhaust Gases Recycling, and the years the Spark Knock sensor was used on the distributors that didn't also have mechanical vacuum, centrifugal advances. Until then coward, YOU ARE WRONG! God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Wrong again Billy.

2002 WJ 4.7L EFI H.O. coil on plug system. Has knock sensors. 2005 WK 4.7L EFI coil on plug system. Has EGR.

Stick with the trolls. Troll.

Reply to
bllsht

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

And yet Bullshit, you tell the Original Poster he has neither: news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com "It has neither. Alternatives would be MAP, temp & engine speed sensors." God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 22:17:28 -0700, bllsht Amazingly Replied without Prejudice below:

Hey Llewdellen, the man proved you WRONG again, sniveling COWARD! They have a new drug for Alzheimer's, why don't you look into it. :-)

:>On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 19:45:14 -0700, "L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III" :> wrote: :>

:>> Then it should be easy for you to tell me the years the Electronic Fuel :>>Injection was used with Exhaust Gases Recycling, and the years the Spark :>>Knock sensor was used on the distributors that didn't also have mechanical :>>vacuum, centrifugal advances. Until then coward, YOU ARE WRONG! :>

:>Wrong again Billy. :>

:>2002 WJ 4.7L EFI H.O. coil on plug system. Has knock sensors. :>2005 WK 4.7L EFI coil on plug system. Has EGR. :>

:>Stick with the trolls. Troll. :>

:>>mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

:>>

:>>> I didn't say his model was equipped with EGR or knock sensors.

Reply to
24Bit