Altima 98 erratic shifting / Nissan repair shop around Montreal CA

Hello everybody,

I think i am in need for skilled help at this point,

I have a 98 altima with 160 000 km on it. It is developping a fault, at this time it is intermitent. Sometimes the gearbox stays on the first gear (as if i were on 1 but i am on D). If i turn the car off and on, it restarts ok. Strangely it occurs mostly when i drive in town, not on highways.

I think it could be a sensor or a bad connection. I have searched the NG for related posts, and i could be related to the speedometer head. The speedometer works fine, the odometer also. The check engine light is on, and sometimes the overdrive light flashed when i turn it on.

I would like to do the job myself if it is not a big repair.

I want to check the ECU codes tomorrow, do you know where i could find the list of codes ? (and also where is the ECU on this model?)

By the way, If anybody knows a good repair man for Nissan next to me, it would be of grat help.

Thank's, Br, Luc

Reply to
luc.destombe