93 Nissan Truck Has Squealing Belt

My truck's belts always squeal when I start it up. There are three ways to get it to stop. One way is to spray the belt with belt dressing or WD40 before starting it. The second way is to wait until it warms up and the squealing then stops. The third way is to start it up and then gun the engine after it has started to squeal. I don't have the money right now to take it to a mechanic. Any ideas what I'm facing?

Reply to
Goldfinger7967

The fourth way is to replace the worn out belts, should not be too complicated and you could do it by yourself. If you don't know how to do it seek help from a friend or a book.

Good luck.

Goldf> My truck's belts always squeal when I start it up. There are three ways

Reply to
raluxs

Or you could replace the belts. My 97 truck was doing the same thing as yours. I checked the belts and one was starting to fray. Replacing all

3 was less than$20 for the belts.
Reply to
Ragnar

Just tightened the belts and it fixed mine no problem. Didn't need new belts. Mine squeaking was on the air conditioner belt.

Reply to
Randy

Never use WD40 oil on belts... oil attacks the rubber. If the belts are reasonably tight and in good condition... check their alignment with the other pulleys in the system.

Telstar Electronics