Amera 1.5 SX

Hi Just bought a 2006 Amera SX, never had once before, I paid £4000 for it and its got 18000 on the clock. Just wondering am I in for surprises, ie somewhere I read the timing chain is liable to stretch, but then I can read anything on the internet some great some not so great. So tell me folks, are they a decent car or what? Bought for my wife to travel to work everyday. I must say the outside is a bit yuck, but the inside looks great.

Any views would be great thanks, mainly things to keep an eye on

Thanks

Gordon :-)

Reply to
Gordon

Hi again

Sorry, due to a stupid spell checker, It should be Almera not Amera, oh well seems I aren't perfect the wife was right lol

Gordon

Any views would be great thanks, mainly things to keep an eye on

Thanks

Gordon :-)

Reply to
Gordon

If it's any help I have a 1992 Primera 1600 ( G20) and it's now done 127,000 miles on the original timing chains, it does not rattle, use any oil and still pulls well. Regular oil changes seem to help keep it in tip top condition. Trevor Smith

Reply to
Trevor Smith

Most of the major problems with 1.5s seem to have been ironed out by the facelift model (2003 on). There was a problem with some being recalled to get a problem with the headlights fixed (they had a tendency to melt, I think) but I'm pretty sure that was fixed by the time the 2006 models rolled out. A great car for the price. A little under-powered maybe but nippy enough away from hilly motorways, reliable, handles really well and should last well over 100,000 miles if well looked after.

(wraith0x29a)

Reply to
Wraith