boot looks like a swamp?

i have a 1990 nissan pulsar (not hatch) and my boot looks like a swamp! :? i have no idea how the water is getting in there but its starting to wreck everything. the back seat and floor is now getting wet aswel! does any1 no why this is happening? :? All the seals look fine!

Reply to
sammie

I had a similar problem with a Subaru, and I had to resort to using a high pressure hose to find the leak. Mine turned out to be a crack in a metal panel inside the fuel filler door.

I then sealed it with some silicone-based stuff suitable for body work.

John

Reply to
John Henderson

on 7/13/2008 2:22 AM sammie said the following:

If you have any paneling in the boot (trunk in the US), remove it and look around the trunk's metal sides for water trails in the dust, especially around the wheel wells, taillights, rear window, etc. My 93 Sentra leaked somewhat from the joint between the top of the wheel well and fender side, although only when driving in the rain.

Reply to
willshak

sammie wrote in news:1206289 snipped-for-privacy@autoboardz.com:

Are the drain openings clear??

Reply to
Gordon

:lol: hey thanx you were correct tail light was leaking!!! all fixed now but i guess well see for how long....so embaressed...so obviouse... :oops:

"e.meyer" wrote: > On Jul 13, 1:22 am, sammie wrote: > > i have a 1990 nissan pulsar (not hatch) and my boot looks > like a > > swamp!  :? i have no idea how the water is getting in there > but its > > starting to wreck everything. the back seat and floor is now > getting > > wet aswel! does any1 no why this is happening? :? All the > seals look > > fine! > >

Reply to
sammie