Bose Err2

My Bose system displays "Err2." If I try and eject the CD, it will display "Wait" and nothing happens no matter how long I wait. What is causing this? Is the CD stuck? It was like that when I picked it up from the Nissan dealer today after getting the front left bearings replaced. That work shouldn't have affected the CD player. What can I do to fix the problem?

Thanks,

--Brent '01 Pathfinder LE

Ref: Bose 6 Disc In-dash CD changer

Reply to
Brent

The problem is a CD has come out of its track and is jamming the mechanism. Lots of places will charge you an arm and a leg to "repair" the problem or replace the changer (which is actually a cheap-ass Clarion piece, not a Bose). I found a very helpful website that details how to remove the audio unit yourself:

removed the unit, turned it upside down and pushed all the numberedbuttons and eject button, whacked the side of the unit a few times, andfinally, the unit spit out the CDs and started functioning again.Primitive and no guarantee of success, but it beat paying someneanderthal to do the same thing or worse, paying for a new unit. Ifyou want to disconnect the unit altogether to do your whacking, becareful not to damage the harness connections. Use a small flatheadscrewdriver to "unlock" the harnesses and pull them out gently (butwith some strength). I wouldn't recommend the aftermarket replacementsand adapters, as they have spotty reputation.

Reply to
nkima

yourself:

I removed the unit, turned it upside down and pushed all the numbered> buttons and eject button, whacked the side of the unit a few times, and> finally, the unit spit out the CDs and started functioning again. I have exactly the same problem. Their web site has been down the past 24 hours, or I would try calling them directly. However I checked out the cached pages in Google and tried following their directions. I am stuck at step one of the removal: I used a flat head screwdriver to try to remove the heat vents, but I got no movement with a substantial amount of pressure. I slipped the screwdriver in the right side, went far enough down not to be just grabbing the trim only, and tried prying the vents out. No movement at all.

Would you mind sharing your experience with the removal? Is this just a matter of more force, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Let me add that mine is a 2001 Pathfinder.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

You may want to look at the removal directions at

There are some very good detailed pictures of the process of getting the radio out...you have to scroll down to the info on the Pathfinder radio. You can also send the unit in for repairs (apparently a lot of Err2 errors on these radios).

[...]

S Hess

There are two or three clips at the top and bottom of the vent, which is why the instructions are to pop it with a screwdriver from the right side. It isn't easy, but it eventually yields. I do recommend going to the sight that gives the pictures. I thought I was going to wreck the vent the first time I tried it, but it eventually yielded.

pictures of