Can A distributor spark more than once on any given cyl during a single rotation? 1987 V6 3.0

And if so can this condition come on overnight? Coil? Computer? Distributor? Guess I better Bite the bullet and have it assessed by an overpriced Nissan dealer? theyre all overpriced not complaining about Nissan only........

Reply to
Just me :)

Why would it matter? If it first goes off at the right time, the mixture will already be burning when the 2nd spark hits it.

What's the symptom that makes you think this is happening?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Its all of a sudden running rough and acting as though its out of time..as well as blowing blue where it never did a week ago....The oil is clear, and the rad is full and green, so likely not a head gasket? but noticed it was mutisparking when i tested for spark...not all 6 wires did it though ???

Reply to
Just me :)

Ok New symptom now I was just trying to start the pathfinder and it Backfired and stopped the starter ....Thinking I jumped a notch on the timing belt Maybe.... sheesh thats a lot of work to repair...dont know if the ol girl is worth it.....its pretty rusty.

----> Time elapsed Just now got it to run as long as I turned the distributor counter clockwise somewhat...maybe 4 degrees. ran quite lumpy anf built up a nice black sooty exhaust for me.. think Ill have to take off the timing belt inspection plate tommorrow and see if the cams line up?

Reply to
Just me :)