Carburator aftermarket ? VG30i

I just returned from my mechanic and hearing the sad news of why he no longer works on carburators.

I'm not sure I have a problem yet, but someday if this '86.5 PU keep running.

So, anyone have a comment about rebuilds and/or aftermarket replacement carburators for the VG30i?

Redigoogle

My 1987 sat for along time before I bought it and it would never idle right. I tried a partial cleaning with no luck. I replaced it with a Weber. It wasn't a perfect fit and has some choke oddities but it works. Periodically put a can of a high quality fuel systen cleaner into the gas tank and maybe you won't have any problems. Good luck. Al

Reply to
al

I'll just reply to my own thread to say that I'm now told that the 86.5 VG30ihas a throttle body fuel injection system. This eliminates my carburetor "problem" and question, but I'm not sure how it effects my source problem which is unburned fuel odor in the exhaust.

Thanks for the reply Al

Cliff

Reply to
Redigoogle

If it's running that rich, the plugs will probably be very carbon fouled so it would be worth checking the condition of each plug. The catalytic converter will run much hotter also. A very rich mixture will eventually destroy a catalytic converter. Good luck. Al

Reply to
al