Check Thermostat Part #

Long story short. I have a 93 Nissa PU 2.4L Auto. Water Pump leaked, replaced water pump, thermostat, hoses, belts, back-flushed,etc, After starting my pu, 5 minutes later...running hot!!!. Checked everything I could check.

The last thing I decided to check was the thermostat part#. The sales guy @ the part store gave me the wrong one, a 190 deg versus the 170. Damn it! It was a Stant brand so I went to their website and got the correct one. Took it back and the guy had the nerve to argue that it was the correct part and that it was probably something else. This was before he even look-up the part # to verify. He finally looked it up and wanted to blame a mis-labeled box! I gave him the 2 part #'s from Stant and he hemmed & hawed about those not being correct. I got fed up with the whole scene and asked for my money back and went to the competitor.

So, If you can, please go online and verify part#'s. Maybe I am only one this has ever happened to, but just to reduce the time it will take to reinstall the thermostat..

Bottom line, if you replaced thermostat and everything else and it still runs hot...verify the thermostat part# to make sure you did not get wrong one. :)

Reply to
efrain.ramirez

The water pump leaked, you needed a new water pump. Replacing the hoses in a 13 year-old truck is a good idea. Mistakes happen, but giving you shit when you have the facts is not acceptable. I suspect this is a local parts store -- make sure your buds know about this turkey. If it's national, write national, registered letter.

One more thing to check is spark adavance. A retarded spark will cause an overheat at idle -- all fire, no power (been there, '68 Firebird

400 Convertible).

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet