How to replace Stop Light/ASCD Switch on 2000 I30

I need to replace the stop lamp switch. I just got the part from the dealer the other day but can't figure out how to install it. First of all, the dealer warned me that the first and easiest to get to switch is the cruise control one - it looks exactly the same as the stop light switch but with a brown end. After some looking around I finally found the stop light switch - it's right next to the cruise control one. It's really hard to get to from underneath the dashboard - the steering column (at least that what I think it is) is in the way and I can hardly even see the switch. It seems to be attached to some kind of metal bracket with a plastic nut but I couldn't unscrew it with my hand. Is that really a nut? Should I force it with pliers? Anyone has an installation diagram?

Reply to
Steve B.