Hybred

With the Arabs killing all those people in New York> now they are squeezing us with high gas prices. Is Nissan planning any hybred cars?

Reply to
MRK

Depends, 12 MPG SUV vs a 50+ MPG hybred? I'm driving a 40-45MPG car and burn ~$30 of gas a week. If I was driving a 10-12MPG SUV, that would raise my anual fuel costs from $1560 to almost $6000. Wouldn't take too many years to pay for a $15,000 hybred in fuel savings!

Reply to
Steve T

OT, but one has nothing to do with the other. If anything, the invasion of Afghanistan has provided an opportunity for the previously un-buildable Kurdistan multi-billion pipeline to be built, bringing one of the largest oil fields on the world on-line. Not to mention, the Iraqi oil will now be free of sanctions and will soon be flowing. Of course it could be that OPEC is anticipating this and trying to make money while the making is easy.

I dunno. Have you figured out how much (little) the extra gas cost is in a year and compared it to the purchase of a new car. Somehow I think prices would have to get a whole lot higher for gas to make a new car a worthwhile investment.

Reply to
Bob

That's a real shitty attitude to have. And by the way do you have permission from nospam.com to user their domain in your fake email address?

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

Nissan has purchased the hybrid technology which Toyota developed and now sells in its Prius. We should start seeing it show up in Nissan models probably by the 2006 model year.

Reply to
Larry Kessler

Larry Kessler wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thank you. For awhile there I tought I was public enemy number 1. That is all I wanted to know

Reply to
MRK