installing auto transmission into ute

I would like to put an auto transmission into a nissan patrol 4.2 diesel GQ ute or similar, as i,ve never seen a 6 cylinder diesel ute on the market I have to resort to making one up. has anyone tried to do this or have any knowledge about going about it.Would the auto and tailshaft etc out of a same year (92) and model wagon fit? What are diesel autos like for towing reasonable loads ie horse floats/19ft caravan.I would be grateful for some feedback thankyou.

Reply to
rose80