Intake Air Temperature sensor error code wont go away???

A week ago, after working on the truck (96 kingcab PU 2W drive) I got the IAT sensor error code. I found that one of the wires to the IAT sensor connector attached to the bottom of the air cleaner had broken. I soldered the wires together, disconected the battery, both terminals, ( I also touched neg and pos cables together) .

Engine light is still on!

Car runs fine with or without the wires connected together.

Any advice appreciated!

Steve

Reply to
Steve

I reground the earths on my primera (UK), that put the engine light on and the car ran ok. The light went off after 2-3 days. hope that helps. Mike

Reply to
mike

It stay on until someone turns it off or the car goes through enough cycles with the problem fixed.

Reply to
Steve T

Thanks,

Can I turn it off or do you need a special tool?

Steve

Reply to
steve

Maybe disconnect the ECM for an hour or so and it will reset itself.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

It can be reset with a code reader or it will reset after 50 start-ups. (if the problem is fixed)

John

97 Kingcab P/U
Reply to
Truckdude

Also you can do it at the computer on some models, you turn the code screw one way then the other. Disconecting the battery doesn't work.

Reply to
Steve T

I have a 97 truck that had the same problem. I bought a sensor to replace it only to find the wire connectors were bad and the sensor wasn't the problem. Check your wires first and you might save $80.00 for another sensor. To after you fix the problem you can reset the computer by disconnecting the battery for about 5 minutes then connect it back up again. I was later told that there was a recall on the sensor connector for my truck. You might want to call a dealer to see if you vehicle has the same recall.

Reply to
larry