Missing/Faltering & Slightly Rough Idle

Recently my 1996 Nissan King Cab 4 cyl Pickup has started to develop a slightly rough idle. It appears to be getting worse with time. I have also noticed that the missing/faltering seems to be getting noticeable at higher RPMs. Another possible piece of the puzzle is a strange (to me) occurrence when at idle with the brake on (stoplight). If feels almost as if the ignition is being cut off for a very brief period as the engine seems to die for 1/2 second or so occasionally, and during that event the RPM drops slightly, and the brake pedal drops down a bit as if the vacuum is being lost.

Wondering if I might have an issue affecting emissions I ran the truck through the state testing facility. It passed with flying colors, and the test was chopped short due to the readings being superior. They were:

THC g/mi NOX g/mi CO g/mi Standard 2.40 3.75 80.0 Readings 0.45 1.80 3.4

Hardly seems that the engine is experiencing fuel or ignition issues?

While the symptoms aren't real pronounced they didn't used to be as noticeable, and appear the be gradually getting worse. I believe addressing problems before they turn into mountains saves money, and lessens the chance of being stranded somewhere so I would like to address this issue.

I would welcome input as to what the problem might be, and where to start addressing them.

If more information/observations are needed let me know.

Thank you.

Louis--

********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Reply to