My bucking 88 pickup...help!

I have an 88 pick up that is giving me fits. It wants to die at idle when cold and will stutter and buck when driving at a constant rpm...even when warm. It accelerates and decellerates fine but can't cruise without giving me whiplash. I replaced the cap and rotor which were quite worn and it made things a little better but problem persists. It is a manual trans. I disconnected the O2 sensor and the truck ran the same..no better no worse...possible culprit?Hoping to get some good advice here.

Reply to
Jon

Did you check the throttle position sensor? Did you replace the spark plugs & wires?

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Reply to