need help

I have a 97 hardbody and it seems that the clutch will not engage. I've had people tell me a few different possible problems, ie one or more fingers on the pressure plate could have broken off, or that the fork is bent, air in the lines. Ok the question, has anyone had this problem and how did they fix it, the only noticeable things are of course unable to engage clutch, it will still run if I start it in gear (I don't drive it) it will take off, I got down to check out the fork I tried to pull it with my hand and it wouldn't budge, and lastly the clutch pedal is really stiff. Sorry for the long message, appreciate any help, oh and last question is it a situation where I won't know till I get the transmission down. Thanks

Reply to
Hard97Body

It seems as if your clutch disk is gone.

Normally you would not be able to just pull the fork out, otherwise it would come out by itself.

The stiff pedal is a consequence of gummed up grease in the system including the cable if equipped with one, and /or a defective pressure plate.

Good luck.

Hard97Body wrote:

Reply to
AS