Need help with 93 SE V6 KC,tech cant fix.

hello, I have a 93 SE V6 kingcab that has been in shop for over a month and after a 1000 bucks worth of parts stii not fixed. About 2 months ago the truck developed a bad noise/vibration when accelerating, was so bad felt like truck was coming apart sometimes. Took to my tech who was a nissan tech for 20 yeras beore opening his own shop. He assured me it was the rear end chunk. Had a hard time finding one and finally got one from a junk yard. Put in the chunk and problem was still there. Then said I needed 3 universal joints and a center bearing. This helped the noise about 50% but the vibration is still there and is very bad. Gets worse from 40mph and up . It feels like I just drove the truck thru a mud bog and the tires still have the mud stuck to them (best way I can describe it). He now says he thinks its the tires but I dont buy that. Im just throwing money at an old truck. He said he did not no what else to do to it. I have used this truck for 5 years to tow a trailor and mowers for my biz. Could it be the tranny?axleshafts? Tech said he was sure it was not these 2 things. Any help appreciated before I junk/sell the truck for parts. BTW it has a 182K miles and the engine is smooth as a new one.

Reply to
specman1

I would have thought driveshaft/center bearing as well. Does it only do it while acclerating or at constant speeed as well?

Reply to
Rob Munach

The noise is worse when accelerating. The vibration/noise together starts at about 39mph on up. Once you get to level speed noise is not as bad but vibration is very noticable. He thought I might have bad tires but IM not sure the tires would cause this. A bad tire would roar all the time not just on acceleration?

Reply to
specman1

I doubt tires as well but try swapping front to rear. That will take the acceleration aspect out of the equation for the tires. Maybe put the car on a lift, put it in 4WD an see if anything obvious jumps out at you.

Reply to
Rob Munach

Thanks for the reply Rob. I rotated the tires this morning and no difference. If you drive 50mph the noise and vibration are very pronounced. Could it be the axle shaft. The junk yard sent me the whole rear end but the tech only used the center chunk. This has been a bugger and money pit trying to figure out. I remember years ago I had a 73 datsun with the same problem and after changing rear end in it turned out to be a wheel bearing. Tech did not think wheel bearing is bad on my truck,

Reply to
specman1

Axle shaft - I doubt it. I would still try putting it on lift and running it through the gears. You may be able to apply the brakes to simulate a load. Yea, I know, the whole idea is dangerous.

Reply to
Rob Munach

Reply to
john smith