Nissan Hybrid Cars

Does anyone know if Nissan is working on any hybrid cars?

With the high gas prices and car makers like Toyota, Honda, and at least one American car maker getting on the hybrid bandwagon, you gotta ask.

Thanks

Theo

Reply to
Theo

I remember reading from a newspaper - Nissan will make hybrid, in a couple of years, with the technology from Toyota.

Reply to
Sang Hoon Joo

I just don't get how people buy hybrids thinking they are saving the environment, where the energy that goes into propelling the batteries (recharging them, etc) and the energy in creating the actual battery and then disposing of them is still based on fossil fuels that pollute the planet. Hybrids do not seem like a good idea.

Reply to
Dan J.S.

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:44:52 -0500, "Dan J.S." pecked out:

That's the short-sighted view.

If you think about it - hybrids are a stop gap measure between fuel-inefficient gasoline/desiel cars and trucks and whatever the future holds, be it fuel-cell, solar, nuclear, fusion...

For the most part, the use of hybrid cars would free up some dependence on foreign oil sources, most of which come from "unstable" areas such as the middle east, west africa and texas.

kai

g2004 at g3prod.cotse.net

Reply to
filesiteguy

None of the hybrids by the major manufaturers require charging of the batteries.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Well actually how tech is this instance works is more enviromentally friendly. The car primarily runs on gasoline, There is a secondary motor that run off a large NiHM battery. The batteries are largly charge by the necessary axel rotation. The idea is it uses normally wasted energy as a secondary drive mechanism. This can save a lot of fuel especial is you have say a highway drive with intown traffic. I'll be first to admit these are a fix all solution, but more effecient and less damaging mechos. Here around oregon you see a lot of cars running on bio diseal. The Public transit system in my area runs on a combination biodiseal with trad diseal. Just even a mixed like this combination has substantial lower emissions. The attraction many people have to bio-desiel is that you can use non fossil elemenets such as vegitable oil or other recycled components. Another less popular is alcohol fuel. Both of these of course are still more expensive than traditional gasoline. Biodiseal of course being cheaper than ethanl genereally. EThanol being also a much cleaner burning and HP producing fuel .

Reply to
iruka_hoshi