Nissan Murano CVT (Continuously Variable Transmissions )

Any idea how reliable on CVT? If that goes wrong, is only dealer able to fix that?

Reply to
dbmethods

Can't answer your question, but, I have received no recalls on the Murano, nor had any CVT problems in the year and half I have been driving it.

A good thing I've noticed is better engine braking down hills where on the traditional trans. in 4th gear I might have to use the brake more or downshift depending on steepness.

I would be wary of independent trans. fixers in the warranty period.

Reply to
rjjj

Do you have traction control on it? I am in NJ, only get about couple times snow here. Not sure it is worth to get 4x4 or 4x2 will do it alright?

Reply to
Rey Wang

Do not have TC, but, I have AWD. Was fine in last year's snow. Seems to be an extremely good handling car in all weather.

Reply to
rjjj

Murano is (was?) Nissan's first CVT with this powerful an engine. I've had no problems at all with CVT for 23 months now. I do not have traction control package and have never missed it in Illinois weather. AWD automatically engages up to 20 mph, then it shifts to front wheel drive only.

Reply to
otherwhorl