Nissan Primera 2002 2,2 diesel traveller ....

Hi there

This nice piece of equipment has a vacuum pump (for the brake vacuum) in the other end of the cylinder head camshaft driven with a gear and chain system.

84000 kms of long distance driving was enough to kill this system.

Strong noise from the cylinder head and a towing truck..

Went to see the broken parts in the repair shop. Chain tensioning device had given up causing the damage.

To me the parts inside vacuum pump drive system look like pieces of toys or something you get from a Kinder egg or something.

I am a happy customer otherwise. Damage is covered by 3 year warranty. But all the trouble rental car etc is not that nice even though covered by insurance...

Any similar experiences with the 93kW diesel engine ??

Best regards John

PS 20 years ago when I was young and poor I drove LADA 2105 for 330 000 kms without any damage on the road :-) .....

Reply to
John Doe

I have a 2002 2.2Di X-Trail which I believe has essentially the same engine. Last month I had some weird clanking and clattering noises from the engine and it turned out to be the cam chain which the local Nissan dealer fixed under warranty. This is a known problem for X-Trails (for which Nissan issued a Technical Service Bulletin to dealers..........although no-one told me about it until the problem materialised) though I wasn't aware that this was problematic for Primeras.

Reply to
Big Ron