Noisy Frontier

Hope someone here can give me suggestions.

My 2000 Frontier is noisy between 1000 and 1200 rpm. Passengers tell me it sounds like there's a hole in the muffler, but I feel like it's high frequency vibration. What's really odd is that at idle (750 rpm) the Frontier is very quiet, and normal. At above 1200rpm, it also sounds very normal. Only between 1000 & 1200 rpm it is noisy. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
kksiu

If it's a buzzing type noise check your heat shields around your exhaust system...

Jeff

Reply to
jeff

I have 5000 miles on mune and tomorrow it goes in for a new transmission. Thank God it is under warentee.

Reply to
MRK

My buzzing sound ended up being a broken baffle in my muffler.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Woodell

Sounds like the transmission is getting ready to blow.

Reply to
David Rennick

What is a baffle? If I stick my head underneath the truck, will I be able to see the break? or is it internal to the muffler?

Reply to
kksiu

OK, I will check the heat shield when I have some free time.

I bought this 2000 Frontier last August for a very good price. The engine is smooth (except for the noise) and everything else seems to be in good mechanical order. However, the truck has been hit in the driver's side and in the back; there's a huge dent on the tail gate. Is there anything I should know about this model year Frontier? I mean, has there been recall or serious design defect with these trucks.

Reply to
kksiu