Disabling Nissan Altima car alarm

Hi, Does anyone know how I can disable the car alarm for a 1996 Nissan Altima 4-door sedan?

That or unplug the alarm box.

Reply to
Steve T

Get rid of the fuse that runs the alarm

Reply to
David Rennick

Remove the fuse

Reply to
JonRogers

Will removing the fuse have any other effects on the car? My windows and power locks will still work, right?

I bought my 96 Altima SE new, and don't ever remember an alarm being available as an option that yr & model. Are you sure it's factory? I had to add an aftermarket alarm/remote pwr door lock kit to mine.

Does the horn blow when it's activated(factory), or does it have a siren(aftermarket)?

Try it and see. The windows should work, but the locks might not.

Why do you want to disable it anyway?

Reply to
Ragamuffín