Primera Starter Problem

Hi,

I am having exactly the same starter problems as mentioned in this post:

- namely the starter whirrs round but doesn't catch until I turn the key the 5th - 8 th time.

I was wondering if anyone had had a go at cleaning the solenoid. How easy is it to do? Me and a mate are going to give it a go but we aren't so confident doing this... Does anyone have anything to add?

If it is too difficult to do ourselves how much should I expect to pay at a garage for this?

Thanks for your help - its much appreciated.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart P