Please keep it on topic

This sole reason for the existence of this group is to discuss Toyota vehicles. Thank you.

Reply to
Steve Pankow

Killfiles are your friend.

I have over 50 names in mine for this newsgroup.

I loved my 93 Previa.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

If your ancient WebTV box has filtering capability, then put it to use. Otherwise, just skip over the OT posts. There is no rule saying that you have to read them.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Not in practice, Steve.

However, considerate posters add an {OT} tag (curly brace, Oh, Tee, curly brace) to the subject line when they initiate an off-topic thread. This allows easy filtering by readers who object to the free-wheeling nature of this community.

I don't like a killfile for this group because some of the off-topic threads come from members whose knowledge of Toyota is very helpful when on-topic questions appear.

I often read the {OT} posts, although I try to restrain my urge to reply. I failed in respect of this one. :-)

Reply to
Masked

Right on

These are the worst!!!!

2 271 Hachiroku 3 200 Stuart Krivis 4 185 Scott in Florida 5 144 badgolferman 6 136 Cathy F. 7 101 Mike Hunter 8 95 n5hsr 9 90 Coyoteboy 10 78 Wickeddoll® 11 72 Truckdude 12 72 larry moe 'n curly 13 65 dizzy 14 62 DH 15 49 Reasoned Insanity 16 42 Danny G. 17 41 Andrew Stephenson 18 37 Bruce L. Bergman 19 36 "..dbu', 20 31 sharx35 21 30 mack
Reply to
A Troll

Welcome to the Toyota NG. Hope you enjoy it and able to get some good useful information. Toyotas are a reliable motorcar and thus there are some here that get a bit bored and delve off to other subjects. You will have to tolerate them or use your filter.

Cheers

Reply to
dbu,.

that krivits is especially a bad one. Watch out for the diz and truckdude too, they are bad indeed. Scott, badgolferman and cathy are all gentle persons and worthy of your consideration. It's just the others I mentioned that you should stay far away from and use your killfile on them. They are the worst.....!! Mike Hunter is ok too. Oh and killfile that moe person, he's a bit on the kook side to say the least.

Cheers

P.S. I'm a good guy so don't killfile me. It wouldn't do any good anyways.

Cheers again.

Reply to
dbu,.

Ummm....

Reply to
Hachiroku

Too bad...

If you filter out me, you'll miss 25-30% {OT} posts, and 70-75% Toyota posts of one sort or another.

If you filter out OT. you'll miss ToyOTa posts.

We've ALL said the same thing. I've got the timer running as to when somoeone pushes your buttons, and you jump into an OT thread.

Now, if you filter out EXACTLY on the phrase {OT}, since most of us posting OT use this convention, you won't have very many articles to read here at all! ;)

Just skip over what you don't want to get involved in. We're a bunch of opinionated SOBs here, but it's a good place.

Reply to
Hachiroku

plonk

Reply to
Truckdude

Look what you started now! More noise in this group that just OT stuff now.

Reply to
badgolferman

How'd you get your G-mail account?

I'll be nice.

Reply to
dbu

Lol.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Stripped a thread?

Reply to
Coyoteboy

I have to say its been a lot better lately - i find the current level of OTness fairly acceptable and i was one of the original complainers lol. We all have the odd OT post to make or the occasional thing prods the right places.

Reply to
Coyoteboy

Do you want one? I can send you an invitation.

Reply to
badgolferman

If you had a real ISP instead of WebTV, you would be able to fix the problem on your own.

Reply to
Stuart Krivis

What the heck is a GMAil account?

Reply to
./Hachiroku

badgolferman

What is required of me? An email address or what else? I don't trust google with my cell p number.

Reply to
dbu