Radiator leak.

Is there anyone here that can help me fix this leak? I tried putting jb weild on it but it still leaks out. If I have to buy a new radiator how much do they cost for a

2000 Nissan Altima. Thanks.

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 5 Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

Great video! Quite the squirter you got there.

Unfortunately JB weld wont work for one reason- thermal expansion and contraction. Plastic does that and JB weld doesnt... well not enough..!

New radiator on your shopping list.

Try 800-radiator. Their prices arent too bad. I get their product through my brother who gets them there.

-sp

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
speedy

As others have posted a new radiator is the best solution.

One internet dealer lists a "High Quality Direct Fit OEM replacement radiator" for $128.71. They also list a Unifit, A Top Of The Line Replacement Radiator for $159.60. Plus shipping and handling of course.

If you need a temporary solution it's possible a small diameter, short length, self tapping screw might help stop the leak, perhaps using a rubber gasket under the screw head. This is only temporary at best but at least your leak is in a position where this could be done. Ive not tried this in years but I think it would work.

Stop leak items added to the radiator could plug your heater core they are not a good idea in my opinion.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Fields

How large is the leak? See a rad. shop; they can sometimes repair or block out a leaking area, depending on the rad. core material.

Reply to
Josh S

... Or on-line at a number of sites for under $100...

Reply to
E Meyer

Seal it from inside, then pressure works for you. Don't actually need the special tools shown in Nissan workshop manual for removing header tank, a screwdriver and slipjoint/waterpump pliers will do the job. Carefully bend the tabs up straight by levering with screwdriver, remove tank. Ensure surface is clean and rough to give a good key to the epoxy. Clean rubber seal seating face and replace seal. Refit tank using pliers set on 1st notch to bend tabs back over, go round twice.

Reply to
Peter Hill