Timing belt

My manual says to change the timing belt at 60,000 on my 2003TL...I'm at a little over 60,000 and my car still runs and looks brand new...Has anyone else waited to change theirs or should I do it now?

Reply to
apdicenzo

"apdicenzo" wrote in news:vVBDi.238358$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe14.lga:

Where do you live?

Your regularly scheduled replacement is at 105K miles or 84 months. The 60K is for extreme temperature conditions.

Reply to
Tegger

Hmmm, our 2003 Accord V-6 with a similar engine calls for timing belt change at 105k miles. Are you looking at the extreme services interval instead of normal service?

Reply to
John Horner

Reply to
apdicenzo

Whatever you do, don't skip the timing belt replacement. If left too long, they will fail, causing potentially major engine damage. Speaking from experience!

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 8 Web @

Reply to
Old Rob