Re: Check engine light...

What is a "dearch"? I guess basic computer skills would include spell check ;-)

Do you know how many HUNDREDS of times your question has been asked > here? > > Do you think you might be able to perform a dearch FIRST before asking > the SAME question? Do so...and then get back to us. > > Basic computer skills, please... > > John D. > > > > > I have a check engine light going off on my dash. I've heard that if the > > engine sounds ok, it is probably nothing serious. How can I find out why > > is it going off without spending a lot? > > > > > > The Dawg > > --
Reply to
motorbike

At this point, pretty much 75% of the possible questions have been asked and answered. If "do a search" is the proper response, then we should do it for quite a few questions.

I suggest that if you don't want to answer, don't. I'm not trying to be offensive. If your post was "I seem to recall question but not the answer, try a search with these keywords", that's good. But, if your answer is "it's been asked, go search" then I'll suggest you just ignore the thread.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

That's in the "typing skills" category...I admit I can't type. No mistakes writing longhand but lots of them typing. No, don't have a spelling-checker but do try to catch most mistakes. Usually don't...sorry.

Thanks for the corection...I meant "search."

John D.

Reply to
John D.

You said what I was thinking a whole lot more diplomatic way that I would have. I think I'll end it at that. Thank to all those who tried to provide helpful information as well as those who emailed me on the matter.

The Dawg

Reply to
J-Dawg

You're welcome.

John D.

Reply to
John D.

Nah, just wait around. It'll reset itself automatically eventually, right Bob?

Reply to
Pronto Breakneck

It will unless the defective component continues to throw the code, Pinto man.

I noticed that you skipped the part of my other post where I requested that you prove me wrong about this. Go ahead. I like to learn.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

On type II ECU it takes 50 start/engine run/off cycles to clear with no fault detected, there is no spec on type III ECU error retention but likely the same . Chances are it will reset the day before he refills with gas while leaving the key in the on position or heaven forbid the engine running.

Peter Hill