Re: sun roof is confused on my '01 Pathfinder

Sorry to dredge up this really ancient thread, but: after a while, my '01 PF started having the same problem again. This persisted for about a year, and I tried several things: disconnecting the battery, pulling a couple of different fuses, etc. It was not partuclarly a big deal because I almost never run the sun roof fully open open, just tipped up in back to increase the airflow in sunny California. This past weekend for other reasons, I had the battery out overnight. This morning I noticed that the sunroof was working correctly again. I think it takes a long powerdown to get the sunroof computer to reboot. I've surely lost my radio presets (yawn) and I'm amazed the the keyless remotes still work (HUZZAH Nissan).

My '01 PF had this problem. Dealer replaced the motor assembly on > warantee. It worked for a month and started doing it again. That was > a couple of years ago, and it's been doing it ever since. I just went out to > try the "learning" trick belowm and it worked. BEFORE I did the learning trick. > Wierd. > > However, it's clear that this is a common problem. I got an e-mail a couple > of days ago from someone who read my original post on the problem. > > >> >> >>> 2001 nissan path fndr - sun roof works if you push button over and over to >>> close or open, it will go about twoinches then I push button again and it >>> goes another two inches, it used to be push button once and sun roof would >>> open all the way and close all the way with out all this hurkey jerky stuff. >>> any suggestions of what could be wrong? >> >> It has lost its memory of where the glass is. Mine did this when I replaced >> the battery. If you work it all the way open and then all the way closed (2 >> inches at a time...), it should re-learn and start working correctly again. >> > >
Reply to
Chuck Tribolet

I'm going to dredge it up yet again, this time with the fix.

I found a Nissan TechTip on Sunroof Motor Replacement that gives the calibration procedures.

On the right hand side of the sunroof opening are two small round holes. The farther, smaller, one is only obvious if you tip up the sunroof. Line up the two holes (this will be a bit fiddly to get just right.). Record your radio presets. Disconnect battery for a couple of minutes. Reconnect battery. Run the sunroof all the way back and all the way forward (the TechTip says don't use the automatic mode, but I accidentally did and it worked ). Reset the radio presets.

It was not partuclarly

tipped up in back

that the sunroof

sunroof computer