Slow to reduce RPM

I have a 2006 Xtrail with a 5 speed manual transmission. When I accelerate from a standing start, I find that the engine takes a long time to slow down when I take my foot off the gas while shifting from first gear to second gear. This makes for a rough gear change because the engine is revving too fast for second gear at the moment the clutch is let out. It is also hard on the synchromesh. Is there any way to fix this problem other than accelerating and changing gears very slowly? My mechanic says that this is all set up in the computer and there is no way to change it.

Reply to
YDOD