Titan owners use premium fuel?

Looking to buy. Salesman said it is not required - only recommended. I showed him the literature in Nissan's manual that says premium is required. He said it is wrong and premium is only recommended for better horsepower, mileage, etc.

Reply to
chris

Typical salesman talk, they'll say almost anything to get you to buy,......

Reply to
Jeremiah

Actually, the owners manual for the Titan says that 87 octane (regular) or better is recommended. Page 9-3, first sentence of first paragraph on page. And I quote...

"Use unleaded regular gasoline with an octane rating of at least 87..."

You can use higher octane if you wish, but you do not need to. Also, if you look at the inside of the gas door, you will not see a sticker telling you to use premium gasoline.

Your salesman is 100% correct.

Reply to
Aaron Ciesar

To bad the salesman is 100% correct. You can easily verify his info in the owners manual and the inside of the gas door.

Reply to
Aaron Ciesar

I'm there. Now, all I need to do is decide on a color. This is so exciting. Leaning towards the red ( I like the dark Red colors) or the smoke. Dark blue is my favorite , but they don't offer it.

Reply to
chris

Reply to
Jeremiah

Have you seen the Deep Water Blue? It is a dark blue with green tones metallic paint (but not like the Majestic blue). It looks good, it is different.

The top four colors in my store are...

  1. Smoke - Just an awesome color.
  2. Silver - Everybody buys silver.
  3. Red Brawn - This is my personal favorite. Plus, I live in IN where big red trucks are the law.
  4. Galaxy - Very Sexy

The other colors are running pretty even for 5th place.

Reply to
Aaron Ciesar

Reply to
TopPoster

I like the Canteen (army green FYI) too. I did take me a while to get used to the metallic flake in the Galaxy. But I agree with you, I prefer solid black to metallic any day of the week.

Reply to
Aaron Ciesar

I waz waitin' for someone to call themselves "top poster".

LMAO

Reply to
filesiteguy

Reply to
TopPoster

Reply to
TopPoster

Reply to
Jeremiah

some type of automobile that requires more then 87 octane to run must be built like junk in my own opinion.

Somebody on the deisgn team must have thought the engine needed more then 87 otherwise it would not have been in the guide you read. sounds scary to me with gas prices these days i stick with regular.

Reply to
Mercury

The factory is right. Nissan doesn't have the know-how to get lots of power out of 87 octane fuel.

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

LOL.

Reply to