Tom & Ray On Maintenance of Low Mileage Vehicles

Today's syndicated Massachusetts-accernted brothers column has an interesting subject:

A vehicle that does only a few thousand (or hundred) miles per year needs some maintenance, but don't go ape.

Oil should be changed every six months, because of accumulating moisture/water that is not being burned-off.

So run the vehicle for awhile & on the highway if possible, so ya won't worry as much about not changing the oil.

I did that very thing with my 8 cylinder junker.

I also put several cans of "dry gas" stuff into the gas tank.

Change the coolant every 5 years, but leave trhe transmission oil alone.

If you can link their weekend column, be my guest.

I had an '86 Dodge conversin van that I ran sparsely.

It had been beautiful until time & dents made it junquey..

It was weather-beaten, but could still pass a metro county emissions test by gosh.

I didn't know whether to change its oil, but did briskly run the thing when needing to carry something et cetera.

I am experiencing that feeling of sellers-remorse/regret/loss as well of relief.

Reply to
Robert Cohen