Versa SL w/ CVT comments

Hello.

I have a Nissan 2008 Versa SL with CVT. I feel I'm burning more gas with the CVT than if I had chosen a regular automatic transmission! If you are also driving a Versa with CVT, do feel the same way? When I step on the gas to accelerate, the engine speed just goes up but the vehicle speed does not pick up to respond with the added engine power!

Some of your comments are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
C R C

C'mon over to

We discuss lots of topics about the Versa and gas mileage is one that has lots of different answers from lots of different folks. I'm quite happy with the pick-up. I have the hatch and the EPA considers it a midsize vehicle based on interior space. Combine that with a relatively small four banger and you're not looking at a sports car wannabe. On the highway, where I can really use acceleration, it gets the job done.

David

C R C wrote:

Reply to
David B.