1998 Nissan Altima Power goes off while driving

While I am driving at seemingly random times, all the power will go
off in my car for one or two seconds. If it stays off long enough, the
engine shuts down.
It may happen twice in one day, and not happen again for weeks.
In the past year, I have gotten a new battery, wires, new connectors
for the battery, gotten my alternator tested and it seems to be ok.
What could the problem be?
Reply to
Jake
On 10/13/09 12:19 PM, in article
Hondas of that vintage have similar problems that usually trace to burned contacts in the ignition switch.
Reply to
E. Meyer
If it is all the power in the car, I would check and clean and retighten all of the grounds.
Striker
Reply to
Striker
Since there are multiple grounds for various different systems, I would say if all the power goes out, it is either the main ground at the alternator/battery or something else entirely. Chances of the problem being all the grounds simultaneously are pretty close to zero.
On 10/17/09 5:28 AM, in article hbc69s$d2$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org,
Reply to
E. Meyer
It is just good practice if checking grounds to go over all of them. I was not saying all the grounds was the cause of the problem.
Striker
Reply to
Striker

Site Timeline Threads