1998 Nissan Altima Power goes off while driving

Car:

1998 Nissan Altima 2.4 liters 4 cylinder 168K miles

While I am driving at seemingly random times, all the power will totally go off in my car for one or two seconds. If it stays off long enough, the engine shuts down. There seems to be nothing that ties these instances together. No strange sounds or anything else.

It may happen twice in one day, and not happen again for weeks.

In the past year, I have gotten a new battery, wires, new connectors for the battery, gotten my alternator tested and it seems to be ok.

What could the problem be?

Reply to
Jake

intermittent ground somewhere? engine to battery? ECM to chassis? I would start checking ground connections...

nate

Reply to
N8N

It's possible your ignition switch might be going bad, or like Nate said it could be a ground.

Reply to
m6onz5a