2001 Security System arbitrarily goes off

I have a 2001 Nissan Altima GLE and the factory installed security alarm goes off for no reason and with no warning. The horn may start blowing while going down the road, sometimes in the middle of the night, or when a person approaches the car.

I disconnected the Security system relay but that did not silence the alarm. I disconnected the security system fuse, the security system light on the dash goes out but that does not silence the alarm. I did replace the batteris in the FOBS thinking that perhaps a low battery is casuing the problem. The only way I am a ble to silence the thing is to disconnect the horn.

Has anybody run into this?

Reply to
daved

put the relay back in and then try removing the battery from the key fob/remote

Reply to
NissTech