2000 Honda CR-V Anti-theft security system Problem!

Hi, I bought a used Honda Cr-V few days back.It says that it has the ant-theft security system and has a remote keyless entry.When I locked the car with Remote lock by pushing lock button,it gives me honk sound.But when I use my key to open the car, its not giving any horn sound or anything.It opens up without any problem. The antitheft radio works fine and i can play it.So where is the problem with my anti-theft security system?

Can someone show me some light?

Thanks, Jig

Reply to
dineshkumars

Leave the window down and arm/lock the car. Now reach in through the open window and unlock the door and open it by hand. What happens?

Reply to
Seth

------------------------

There's no connection between the 'anti-theft' radio and the security system. The radio just won't work if somebody steals it and can't get the CODE figured out. You could transplant that stereo to a FORD and it would work, as long as you knew the CODE.

P.S. Make sure you have your CODE written down in at least three different places, or you'll be asking about that when you get a new battery installed in your car . . .

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Hi Seth, Thanks for your reply. I tried what you said and nothing happened.I kept my window down and locked the car with remote lock and then i opened the car using the safety lock and it opened and there was no horn sound or any alarm.

Is there some k> > Hi,

Reply to
Jig

I agree with you Curly. I also noticed that I have the code sticker in the dashboard and also in the manual.Apart from that i dont understand why my antitheft secutity system is not working.Is there some kind of activating the Security system that should be done?

Thanks, Jig

Reply to
Jig

-----------------------------

If it's a non-Honda system . . It's between you and whoever installed it. If you mention the make / model, somebody might give you some tips.

As for the CODE, I put it in my computer(s) so I can search it later, even if all hard copies are misplaced.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Ahh, so it is an after market. I should have guessed when you said you pushed the lock and in honked (as opposed to a factory alarm that requires 2 presses to get it to honk).

Is there a user guide? The alarm is probably in Valet mode. In Valet mode, it is NOT an alarm, but just a keyless entry. What make and model is the alarm and what behavior do you see from the alarm LED (not the radio LED). The LED will tell you if it is in Valet mode or not and the user guide will tell you how to switch it in and out of Valet mode. For example, (if I'm remembering correctly) on DEI alarm systems (Viper, Python, Hornet, etc...) a solid LED is valet mode and switching in and out can be done with the alarm off, door open and a 1-2-1 press on the key FOB.

Reply to
Seth

I guess yours is not fitted with alarm but with only keyless entry [as you mentioned] therefore there should not be any alarm when forced open. Do you know if you have an immobilizer? You can see check out the dash, near the left of the REV meter when you turn off the ignition and pull out the key.

Thanks.

Reply to
NewYapAhLoy