2003 Altima 2.5S won't shift to reverse or park from neutral

The gear is stuck in neutral, it will go down to d3, d2 and d1, but can't go right and up to reverse and park unless I remove the shift lock and stick a key in there. It will work fine with the key inside. Would it have anything to do with the exhaust, because I modified it? Joel

Reply to
raramuri