2003 Altima -P0507 Idle Control System RPM High

My wife has a 2003 Altima. The smaller of the engines that you can choose.

Hooked up scan tool and she is getting:

P0507 Idle Control System RPM High

Does this mean I need to replace the Idle Air Control Valve?

Just not sure which part to replace. Of course the Service Engine Soon Light is displayed.

This came about after I cleaned her throttle body. While the engine was turned off...I coated the throtle body butterfly valve with carburetor cleaner. It cleaned the heck out of it. Once I started the car I could notice a big difference during test drive. The next day the service engine soon light came on with the code mentioned above.

Any help is tremendously appreciated.

-Sam in Raleigh, N.C.

Reply to
Sam

[...]

Well it turns out the code and gone away and has never appeared again. I cleared the code with the scan tool a second time and the code has not shown up.

I know what happened.....it is all related to cleaning the throttle body by spraying carb cleaner down the throat while idling.

Just thought I would post update.

Sam >

Reply to
Sam

Sam:

I felt bad not being able to contribute with a solution for you. Yesterday I read about a similar problem and I was about to refer you to a TSB from Nissan that deals with high idle speeds in several year/models, TSB that requires tools and following a troubleshooting sequence.

Now I am just glad that your problem is g> Well it turns out the code and gone away and has never appeared again.

Reply to
AS

Thank you for your kind words. I am just glad to see some activity on this newsgroup!!

Take care,

Sam >Sam:

Reply to
Sam