2002 maxima SE Cleaned TB P0507 dtc

I just had my garage clean my maxima's throttle body, now its throwing up DTC P0507. ICS High RPM.

I checked my factory service manual for what I can take a look at and all it said was detect leak in air intake system, and repair. If no good, replace ECM and reinitialize engine data.

I removed the parts after the MAF and before the throttle body, and reinstalled them making sure everything was plugged in and as soon as I fired up the car, the service engine light came on again.

Is there anything else I can check? Or should I just tell the shop to replace my ECM at no cost to me?

Reply to
RR5

Is anyone going to help me with this?

Reply to
RR5

Not sure how to really help in this particular case. At first glance, I would suspect that you have not quite connected things quite right. If you are sure that's not the case, I recommend you search the web ->

there are instructions on how to reset the ECU (and code). You could try those and see if the code comes back. If it does, it might be time for a trip to your favorite mechanic.

Cheers, Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

Yeah, I double checked all the air intake tubing and fittings before the throttle valve. Everything was good. I cleared the code, the engine still idled too high, and when I let the engine idle for about 4 minutes, the code came back.

I'm still under 80,000 miles, so the dealer is going to troubleshoot this and if needed replace the ECM at no cost to me.

Reply to
RR5

Well the dealer is telling me to replace the throttle chamber and solenoid at $915. Total with labor is $1,200... I really cannot afford to drop that over getting my throttle body cleaned.

Anyone familiar with the idle air volume learn for a 2002 maxima se, without using CONSULT II?

How difficult would it be for me to just get the parts and install them myself?

Many thanks.

Reply to
RR5