A/C problems, 97 Altima

Hey,

For the past 3 months, my a/c stops blowing cold air after couple of hours of driving. It is especially worst in the afternoon, when its rather hot. I have had the car check out 8-10 times by a Nissan dealership and also by other mechanics and seems like no one has been able to find the problem.

So far, they have re-charged the system with feon(?) gas, replaced the thermal sensor, and checked for leaks. In narrowing down the trouble spots, seems like the compressor might be dying after a while or is not getting sufficient power from the engine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reply to
zerocoo

This just happend to me recently. I have a 1996 Nissan Altima 2.4 L GXE Automatic. I would have the dealer or someone qualified look at the ECM (Electronic Control Module) also called ECU (Electronic Control Unit), Electronic Engine Control Module, "Fuel Computer", "Brain Box". This (ECM) controls everything in your car and can fail. I had the same symptoms and thought it was electrical because the compressor kept shutting off. I thought I had a short somewhere in the wiring. The dealer checked everything out with my A/C but found nothing wrong. They ran the diagnostics machine(which costs me $200.00)on it and found out that is was the ECM was not send the proper ground needs for the A/C. The ECM needs to be replaced. The Dealer wants to charge $1026.00 for the part plus labor. I called a local junk yard or parts place for a used ECM. I found the ECM for $100.00 plus $60.00 labor to install it for me. I hope this helps you. Good Luck!!!

PS - Check out

- This is where I found my part.It will search all over the US or just your State. Ant

Reply to
TheAntMan