Got my starter fixed

My 1995 Nissan ALtima was fixed but it cost me

48 bucks for tow 25 bucks for diag. 270 bucks for part 50 bucks for labor

Give or take, in the end it was 470 bucks, This seems like way too much of an amount for a simple one hour job. I wish some law would be passed to stop the price gouging automechanics have been doing the last couple o decades or so. I would have done this myself but I do not have a jack or stands and there are rules in my neighborhood about working on cars.

Reply to
Talon

Sounds resonable. You could of saved some $$$$ by replacing it yourself, But, like you said, you don't have the tool or area. And it would of taken you allot more time to diag the problem and get the part and replace it.

Reply to
jjjsan

How do you figure the Mechanic screwed you? Out of the bill, only $75 was labor. Maybe you should be bitching about the high cost of parts instead. If you had doen the job yourself it still would have cost you $318 for parts and towing, assuming it wasn't dead in your driveway.

Reply to
John Doe

Cause the part was only 130 bucks at the parts store, so how could it cost

412 to have a shop replace it?

thats like over 100% markup on the part.

Reply to
Talon

What brand starter did they install? A cheapo from Autozone is not nearly as good as a factory unit, and less money. Better starters will cost more.

Reply to
John Doe

I have no clue but as you say it is probably a MUCH better unit than the one I would have gotten at autozone.

Reply to
Talon