Help! Wheelcover noise on '00 Altima

I'm a Nissan owner for the first time, after buying a 2000 Altima GXE. The re is an awful groaning/grinding noise coming from at least one of the stock plastic wheelcovers (aka "hubcaps"). The place where I bought the car tried lubricating the inside of the cover, but this did little to solve the problem. I know it's the cover (as opposed to mechanical driveline parts) because when I take the covers off, no noise.

Is this common among Altimas? Any advice?

Reply to
Rob Cotnam

Kevin Smith