Speedo/Odo Rarely Works

Greetings!

I have a 1993 Altima GXE with the heads-up speedo, auto, & cruise control.

The speedometer and odometer do not work about 95% of the time. In warmer weather, after driving for about 25-30 minutes, the speedo needle sometimes will start twitching, then quickly move to the proper speed. At that point, the heads-up display and cruise will work fine also.

I have been told the the Altima does not have a speedo cable and everything is done electronically (duh!). I feel that there are some connections that need to have corrision removed but I do not know where the components are located. I have checked the fuses and the relays under the hood but nothing is marked for those instruments.

Thank you for any useful information!

Brock Visnich

Reply to
Brock Visnich