1995 altima odometer driving practices locks

I read a previous post that mentioned the speedometer working but not the odometer. Is anyone interested in giving step by step directions for replacing the necessary part for getting the odometer working? Is there a chance someone cut the cable instead of the gears stripping behind the dash?

purchased used:

1995 Altima GXE 5 speed 85k miles since ? speedometer and tach work fine, odometer and trip meter don't work.

I getting a Chilton manual for 1993-1998 200sx/Altima soon. Maybe that will do the trick as well.

Also, what is the best driving practice for the best gas mileage in city driving.

Finally, the passenger door lock is hanging out of the socket. Do I need a lock smith or is it just a nut on the inside missing?

Thanks!

Reply to
rjch