Odometer dead but speedo works???

Odometer not working on 1989 Chevy Pickup, but the speedometer does. Today I replaced the cluster with a new one including the speedo and the odometer and still have the same problem. Where would I troubleshoot next?

Thx Gary

Reply to
gary

Gary, I had this problem on my '95. Not saying this is your problem, but I ended up having to replace the connector to the speed sensor (after replacing the sensor) on the tranny, only my problem began after wacking the sensor with my driveshaft when I went to reinstall it.... (another story)

There's a process of testing that sensor, but you'll need a good volt- ohm meter and a helper. Or, you could replace both for under $75, in less than an hour.

A good website to get part descriptions, factory part numbers, etc., is

Hope this helps. Rick

Reply to
Chevydriver37

Reply to
gary

Reply to
none2u

well with that mind set, have I got some land for you.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning