2000-2002 Nissan Maxima Stalling Problem Solved!!!!

IF YOU OWN A 2000-2002 MAXIMA AND YOUR ARE STALLING IN PARK OR AT IDLE DO NOT TAKE YOUR CAR TO A NISSAN DEALERSHIP!!!!!! THEY WILL TRY TO GET YOU TO REPLACE MASS AIR FLOW, IGNITION COILS, 02 SENSORS WHEN IN FACT NONE OF THESE ARE CAUSING THE STALLING ISSUE.

TAKE YOUR CAR TO A LOCAL MECHANIC AND HAVE THEM CLEAN THE THROTTLE BODY & MASS AIR FLOW. MAXIMAS GET A BUILD UP OF BLACK GUNK IN THE BODY AND ITS PREVENTS THE AIR FROM FLOWING SMOOTHLY THUS CAUSING THE CAR TO STALL AT LIGHTS, STOP SIGNS, AND IN PARK. THE MECHANIC I WENT TO SAID THEY GET NISSAN IN THEIR SHOP ALL THE TIME WITH THE SAME PROBLEM AND NEVER GET ANYONE COMING BACK AFTER THEY CLEAN THE THROTTLE BODY. IF YOU ARE SAVY ENOUGH YOU CAN CLEAN IT YOURSELF BUT YOU MUST BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO DAMAGE THE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR. PAY THE $70 AND HAVE YOUR LOCAL GARAGE GIVE YOU A THROUGH THROTTLE BODY CLEANING

Repair cost me $69.00 less than one hours labor to correct. Maxima runs like new and hasn't stalled at all in months. If you take your car to Nissan they will not clean for you for the fact they know its the problem but to the blind consumer they know they can sell you a new mass air flow sensor and then clean it when they install the sensor thus making you think you spent $700 to fix a problem that in reality cost less than $100.

STAY AWAY FROM NISSAN DEALERSHIP

Reply to
dancorra

you have hard data to support your accusations?

i have never had a single problem with any service done by my dealer - maybe a few dollars more than some shade tree mechanic, but always done right the first time, and fully guaranteed.

"cleaning" the MAFS is not a trivial matter, its easily ruined if done wrong, and will not always fix a problem.

Reply to
common_ sense