1986 Z300 electrical problem

1986 Nissan 300 - 96,xxxx miles, 5 spd. brand new fully charged battery would go dead in about 1.5 days. - with car parked, engine off, doors closed, key Not in ignition, - parked status-, I put amp meter on. something pulls 2 amps from battery with everything off. car previously had right front side damage - front and right fender were replaced.

have been trying to trace down where the fault is. pulled all fuses, etc to try to isolate draw.

just forward of battery is a small junction box with 4 jumpers/connectors. If I unplug the far left connector -- labeled EGI INJ (BR) -- amp draw drops to .05 amps. If I unplug the far right connector -- labeled BAT (b) - amp draw drops to

0.0 amps.

looking for suggestions and or wiring schematic for car.

thanks in advance..

Reply to
Bob

Try unplugging the alternator. A bad alt with a leaky diode will do that.

Reply to
JimV

Agree with JimV's diagnosis. Had same problem with 93 GXE Maxima, battery drain in short time spam. If disconnecting alternater eliminates problem then alternator needs replaced:

1) Nissan genuine $300 2) Nissan genuine junk yard or Ebay $150 + or -

Wouldn't buy any other "replacement alternator" because of poor quality.

You also can have the alternator diodes replaced or the whole thing rebuilt, try a Google search.

Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie